SAN FRANCISCO CHINATOWN DOLLAR STORE FLIP FLOPS
An illustrated documentation of vintage flip flop sandals found throughout San Francisco’s Chinatown neighbourhood.
A ubiquitous household staple throughout Asian communities, flip flop sandals are cheap and often overlooked objects that contain a spirited mix of design aesthetic, design details and graphic content – all of which are captured by simple crayon drawings, as reproduced in risograph format.
FLIP FLOP is part of the OLDE CHINESE ZINE imprint of independent publications which continues to depict the beauty and visual quirk of Chinatown neighbourhoods around the world through a mix of illustration, graphic design and photography content.
– 7 inches length x 8.5 inches height
– 12 Pages. 4 colour risograph printing on white bond paper
– White cardstock cover. 4 colour risograph print.
– Saddle stitched with thread
– Includes 1 Olde Chinese x Eggshell Stickers gold foil sticker and 1 Chinatown Neighbourhood Watch sticker
– First Printing Edition of 100
– Printed in Toronto by Colour Code Printing
– Personalized upon request